My daily adventures on the East Coast

My daily adventures on the East Coast

Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Weekend of Awesomeness







Friday

We called this the weekend is awesomeness. The station had 6 events to cover. Friday was the PEI ROCKET game (hockey) and the Shellfish Festival.

Saturday
Holland College Football Game at the University of Prince Edward Island. Also Shellfish Festival. Got to hang out with the gang from work, so we did some fun photos on the truck.

Sunday
I ran across the Confederation Bridge in the Terry Fox Run. 13 km was a long way, after I ran on Saturday 10k. I didn't know I was going to be running today, I was supposed to MC events on the New Brunswick side, but they cancelled the event. So my boss said " You can run!" Yeah. I am glad that I did though. It was quite an experience, the fresh air, the miles of endless Ocean, the gulls, the 8 THOUSAND people, and the incline on the bridge that was hellish in spots. My knee is now swollen, and I am really sore, but I ran across the Confederation Bridge. Very cool. :)

The Dallas Stars intrasquad game was today. The Stars are here practicing, and I got to meet Ron Maclean. He was super nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment