My daily adventures on the East Coast

My daily adventures on the East Coast

Friday, June 25, 2010

Charlottetown





















It was a warm beautiful day in Charlottetown today. Faye(the hillarious, warm, wonderful receptionist/traffic coordinator for KROCK) told me to go up on the roof of the Atlantic Technology Centre. She had spent her lunch hour up there, and said it was just fantastic, with a great view. I didn't stay up there very long, but she was right, it was sunny, warm and very quiet up on the roof. I haven't been able to take much of a lunch, there is too much work to be done, plus I am on air from 10a-2p.










After work, I went to a place to eat that my co-worker told me about. It is believed to be the best Thai place on the island. I had never had Thai food, so I thought, what the heck, last night I had Lebonese food, why not try Thai. There is no name on the restaurant, which is just an old house turned into a restaurant. Amanda my co-worker told me that they call the place "open" since it just has an open sign. I do believe they have added another sign since Amanda went there. There is 6 tables inside, 2 tables outside. It's all mismatched chairs and tables, and the smell of Thai food cooking made my mouth water. It smells amazing. I got the chicken pad thai, and it was amazing. I ordered it medium spicey and wow! It was spicey. It was delicious. The place is clean and the owners are Thai and are very nice. They also promote tourism in Thailand, they have all kinds of flyers in the restaurant for Thailand.








I then went for a walk down to the waterfront, the area where Regis&Kelly will be, and I believe the big concert with Matt Mays', Bachman Turner, and Great Big Sea. It's rumoured Russel Crowe may also be in town because he is friends with the lead singer of Great Big Sea. (They were in Robin Hood together) The locals are a bit grumpy though, the stage is set up in a park and it is all fenced off.








I watched jelly fish floating around in the harbour, and then I walked through some of the shops. After walking down a couple of streets I hadn't been down before, I stopped at a Timothy's for a tea, and a band, called the North Lakes ( www.myspace.com/thenorthlakes) were playing. They were good. I told them to drop a cd off at the radio station, because we have a show that is all East Coast music.


It was a nice night, and now I am just hanging out with Paris Frances in the hotel room. I go to the apartment tomorrow to unpack all of my stuff. It's going to be a nice day, so I am looking forward to it.


Everyone keeps asking me if I am homesick, and I really haven't had time to be homesick. It has been a week. I miss my best friend the most. Other than that, I can honestly say that I am without a doubt -happy, and I know I made the right decision! No regrets!








No comments:

Post a Comment