My daily adventures on the East Coast

My daily adventures on the East Coast

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Got to See My New Apartment!










This morning I awoke with Paris Frances sleeping on a pillow right by my face. I think she likes this hotel life. I unpacked all of my stuff, ate a protein bar, and went over to my new workplace- KROCK 105.5. The building is beautiful to say the least. I will take photos for you. Anyways, I met Amanda, a wonderful person who showed me how to use the computer system that they use. So after asking a million questions, I sat in my new office, which is also very nice. I just have to make it my own. After that, I did some shopping, and went to my new apartment. I LOVE IT! When you sit on the deck you can see the North River. (it is a 5 minute walk away) There is a screen door so Paris Frances can look out at the trees and the birds. Each apartment has it's own individual storage area, and the kitchen is suitable (it is a bit small) but who cares it looks nice. I will still be able to make my cheesecakes. :0 So the best part of this place, besides the deck, a huge master bedroom, a completely renovated bathroom, is just 5 minutes down the road is the Queen Elizabeth Park. There is a baseball field, soccer field, tennis courts, :) a little beach and a gazebo. I love the red sand! I love the smell of the Atlantic. I am a much happier person today!



Things I Have Learned In the Last 24 Hours




-PEI beef is VERY good.


-PEI mussels are VERY, VERY good.


-A hair elastic is a neccesity in PEI due to windy conditions. Long hair like mine is a hazard while walking, as suddenly the wind whips up and I am blinded by hair.


-Drivers in Charlottetown are extremely courteous to pedestrians


-Taxi cab drivers in Charlottetown are bloody hillarious. The guy who picked me up, picked up another guy and they made a pit stop at the liquor store so they could drink after the cabbie was done. :) These guys were hillarious.


- I love my new workplace. I am looking forward to getting started.


-There is only 5% tax on clothing! Wicked!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!!

    Whats with the red sand? What kind of geology do you have there?

    I hope you will be really happy there. x

    ReplyDelete