My daily adventures on the East Coast

My daily adventures on the East Coast

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Yis&Other Stuff I have Noticed

-Yis-means Yes in Prince Edward Island. lol. My first week here I laughed when people said yis. Now, good grief, I have caught myself saying yis. lol. Will I be like my Crocidile Hunter brother and visit home with an accent? lol.

-Good news, Charlottetown City police caught the idiot that shot the cyclist with a pellet gun. Stupid 18 year old loser.

-Listeners (mainly old men, who sound like they are half in the bag) have started calling me Foxey. It's hillarious.

-Early Bus ride I take reminds me of Mr. Toad's wild ride at Disney. I still like taking the bus though.

-Charlottetown is a small town. I saw the tatoo/former Hell's Angel/born again man in the grocery store, and I hid by putting my hair over my face like cousin It from the Addams Family.
It worked.

- I have found something I miss about southwestern Ontario. Noticeable lack of song birds in Charlottetown. LOTS of crows. Have only seen bluejays, pigeons, blue herons and a strange little gray bird with a yellow mark under his beak. Perhaps they all hang out in the countryside?

-Have an invitation to opening night of Anne of Green Gables the Musical for next week. The invite says I get to fall in love with Anne again. I'm not sure I will fall in love, because Megan Follows is the only Anne I will ever love. Btw, what ever happened to Megan Follows?

-I joined a gym that is a minute from my work. So cheap. 75 dollars until September 6th. After that I get a membership from work. Feels good to work out again!

No comments:

Post a Comment